Thursday 24 November 2011

Hugs from Frosty

Happy Thanksgiving for everyone in the States. I'm from Canada so I had my turkey last month with my family and friends here at my house. Since we are all from South America we were very happy and thankful that we could be together and having fun. When you have your family so far away, friends fill a huge space in the heart. We laugh, we ate and ate and ate and now we are looking forward to Christmas to do it all over again. Nobody is flying back home this year so we'll be celebrating together. Here is another Christmas card that will go for someone of my friends this holidays.  


MY PAPERS ARRIVED!!!. Finally I can make Christmas cards not feeling tired of the same paper over and over. I made this card for the Viva la Verve sketch challenge (see below).I learned that pasting a little border of a darker card stock between layers makes the card look more nicely finished, so I tried that and I really like it. I'm not sure about the two different ribbons though but since they are completely different it doesn't bother me that much.  What I really like is that doing different challenges helped me used different stamps, some are so old and I'm happy to be using them again. I end up always using the last ones that I purchased but different challenges ask for different things so lately I'm using lots and I'm happy :). For this card I used:

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Old Olive and Real Red from SU
Designer Paper: 12 days of Christmas from My Mind's eye
Stamps: Frosty from SU
Accessories: Rhinestones from the Pretties Kit, Red Ridding Hood Stripped ribbon and Very Vanilla taffeta Ribbon all from SU. Copic Markers to colour the image and Memento Tuxedo Black to ink it.

Here is the sketch:

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love Frosty and I LOVE your card!

Craft Paper said...

Adorable card! I like the different papers you used and the two different ribbons look great!

Heather B said...

The two ribbons look great. It didn't even really register until you pointed it out. I love the new papers.