Saturday 31 March 2012

Faith Group March Challenge!!!

Hello everyone!!!. Double post today!!!. Our Faith group have a challenge every month on the 31st and this month was my turn to hostess the challenge!!!. So I challenged everyone in the group with this description:

The Light of my Life!!!. I got inspired by the stamp set from Our Daily Bread "Light of the World". It has a lighthouse, which I'm a big fan of, and has my favourite sentiment that belongs to my favourite Hymn "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation Whom shall I Fear?.

1. Try to use a lighthouse in your project or something that represents LIGHT in your world/life.
2. Use at least two different scrap of designer paper.
3. Since the theme is light use some bling on your card/project.-

Since it was my month I tried to put a special meaning on it. The lighthouse and the beach represents my mother (she loves lighthouses like me We used to spend every summer at her house on the beach back home in Argentina, lots of wonderful family memories back there). The three pearls represents my three sons, the lights of my life (didn't use bling though, very masculine card I thought!!!). The Flourish represents the waves in the sea. The wheels??? in the designer paper represents my father (he worked all his life on ships travelling the world) last but not least the sentiment represents my husband (no need for explanations there!!!).


For this card I used:
Cardstock: Whisper White and Night of Navy from SU
Designer Paper: AHHHH!!! I can't remember the name and I can't find it either. I'll look for it and post it later, sorry!!! but it is from SU
Stamps: Light of the world from Our Daily Bread and the sentiment is from the set My how you've grown from MFT
Ink: Night of navy from SU
Accessories: Pearls from Recollections, Flourish die, First Prize award ribbon die, Oval star all from MFT. Scallop oval spellbinder and paper piercing tool kit from SU.

Thanks for looking!!!

14 comments:

Athina said...

Awesome card! Love how you put meaning to everything on the card.

PG said...

I love light houses, especially to take pictures. But I dont have a stamp yet. Love the way you made this card.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely wonderful! Love,love,love all the meaning you've put into this! Truly a treasure to be cherished!

MiamiKel said...

Oh so beautiful! The papers just bring this image to the focal fore front - simple yet elegant and absolutely jaw dropping! thank you for this most wonderous challenge - loved it so much! Blessings!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this! clean lines with a flourish...so elegant! wonderful challenge (-:

Tameko said...

Great card design!

Kelley said...

I love the meaning you put into every element of your card! It deserves a page in one of your scrapbooks.

Melina said...

very pretty Carolina! I love the red and blue combo and your lighthouse image :)

craftieodmae said...

sorry it has took me so long to drop by to comment, super busy weekend, I love your card,

Carol said...

Carolina-you have done it again! Beautiful!! I love everything about this card! You go girl!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like the layout and how you did not color the image. Great card and perfect DP choices!

Barb said...

Wonderful card--love the papers and this card is so stunning!

Liz Williams said...

Love your patterned papers and the flourish with this gorgeous card. I have to get mine done tonight and posted. I just got home from my Emmaus last night and didn't have time ahead of time to get it done.

Liz said...

Love everything about your card the papers are so pretty Just love it